from renown manufacturers
Push Buttons transfer operator’s pushing action to the machine. They enable you to start and stop your machines or processes by maintaining the control of the system.
Top-quality push buttons for reliable control
We offer an extensive variety of push buttons (also known as the push button switches). A compact- (all-in-one) as well as a time- and cost-efficient modular designs are available. Some push buttons also feature the high level of contact reliability achieved by using self-cleaning auxiliary contacts suitable for electronic circuits.
You can choose from the top-of-the-class products from the renown companies:
Use push buttons in different applications
Especially in industrial environments, many different machines make people’s lives easier. But for the machine control in the industrial applications, the human-machine interfaces are needed, and this is where push buttons come in handy. The push buttons that are ergonomic to operate and ensure transparency and information in the human-machine interface are one of the key prerequisites for the streamlined, efficient production.
The manual actuation of these devices starts or stops operating sequences and functional processes even under extreme conditions such as frost, dust or heat. As the link between human and machine, they are used in e.g., operator control panels of production and material handling plants, on conveyors, in elevator construction, in dashboards of ships, in the cockpit of industrial vehicles, etc.
Choose from a great variety of types
Push buttons come in various types, each having a different function, e.g.:
Check color coding of push buttons
Every color of a push button has a unique meaning:
- Red stands for “emergency”; the button is actuated in the event of a hazardous condition or emergency
- Yellow stands for “abnormal”; the button is actuated in the event of an abnormal condition
- Green stands for “normal”; the button is actuated to initiate a normal condition
- Blue stands for “mandatory”; the button is actuated for a condition requiring mandatory action
- White has no specific meaning assigned; the button is actuated for general initiation of functions except for emergency stop
- Black has no specific meaning assigned; the button is actuated for general initiation of functions except for emergency stop
Main parts of push buttons
The push buttons consist of:
- Auxiliary contact is the conducting part of a switch that establishes or breaks a circuit. The circuit is open in its “neutral” state and closed in its “closed” state. The activation of the operator will reverse the neutral state of the contact.
- Contact block encapsulates the contact. Blocks are held to the back of a device with a contact block holder.
- Operator/Actuator is the part of the device that is touched to operate.
- Lamp block holds and activates the light bulb when it receives the appropriate signal.
Modular models are installed by combining these parts like a LEGO, so individual parts can be replaced easily when necessary. On the other hand, compact models are all-in-one devices and the whole push button must be replaced.
Read the latest news
Benedict Low Voltage Switchgear
Benefit form the low voltage switchgear that is built to the highest technical standards to grant you the best quality of its performance.
Subscribe to our newsletter!